Unwanted information on screenshots
If, for any reason, you need program screenshots with a part of the program window (for example, text in the browser without toolbars, scrollbars and image borders), it will take much time to process such images manually (crop unwanted margins from top, bottom, right and left parts of the image). However, if you need screenshots from the same application and its area of interest is always of the same size, you can automate the process of cropping unwanted margins with the help of Image Converter Plus.
Do the following:
- Launch Image Converter Plus.
- Go to "Photos" tab, select and add images you want to process.
- Go to Profiles tab. In "Operation before save: Add operation" line, click "Add operation" and select "Crop image" from the menu.
- Click "+" mark located to the left from "Add operation" line to open the group of settings for added operations.
- Then you should select the size of cropped margins manually. Use one of screenshots for this purpose. Press "Show Preview" button and then press "Generate" button. You'll see two images of your screenshots. The top image will display the source screenshot, while the bottom image will display the same screenshot after procession.
- In "Crop Image", select "margins" value to make sure your images are cropped correctly. To do it, specify width of the left cropped margin in "left" line (if it is window border, the value will be 3-5 pixels). In "bottom" line, specify the height of the bottom margin (the value should be checked manually). In "Right" line, specify the width of the right margin (if it is a scrollbar, the value will be about 20 pixels). In "Top" line, specify the height of the top margin (as a rule, it is the largest one). Every time you specify a value, press "Generate" button to monitor the result using the bottom image.
- When you are completely satisfied with the bottom image, your "manual" work is over. All you have to do is specify several more settings:
- Specify settings for the output format (optimal values are specified by default).
- Specify the folder to save converted images to.
- Specify other settings.
- Press "Start" button to start conversion.