Nonoptimized images for a website (catalogue)
If you want your website to contain catalogues with images, and these images should have one-color background, you'll find that such images should meet strict criteria. They are one-color background (images should be clearly seen on it; besides, it will reduce image size); resolution (images should be of the same size with its catalogue cell); size (so that it doesn't take much time to load them from the Web); maximal useful image size (so that there aren't any margins round the picture). When you've created one-color background, you can save much time performing all other actions with the help of Image Converter Plus.
Do the following:
- Launch Image Converter Plus.
- Go to "Photos" tab, select and add images you want to process.
- Go to Profiles tab. In "Operation before save: Add operation" line, click "Add operation" and select "Crop Image" from the menu.
- Click "Add operation" and select "Resize" from the menu.
- Click "Add operation" and select "Canvas" from the menu.
- Click "+" mark located to the left from "Add operation" line to open the group of settings for added operations.
- In "Crop image", select "margins autocrop"; in "Auto crop border color", select the background color of your images. In "with tolerance" line, specify a value from 10 to 70% (it depends on how precise you were when specifying background color. The more correct it is, the smaller this value should be).
- In "Resize" set "Pixel Dimensions" value equal to the needed resolution of your images (for example, 100x100) in pixels. Press "more" button and select "fit in size" in "fit mode" line.
- In "Canvas", select "set canvas size" in "Operation" line, then specify Width and Height values equal to the needed image resolution. Select "Center" in "Anchor" line; select the exact background color in "Border Color" line.
- In "Save images in .... format", select Jpeg or Gif format (as they are usually used in such cases).
- Specify output format settings (optimal values are specified by default).
- Specify the folder to save converted images to.
- Specify other settings.
- Press "Start" button to start conversion.